Tuesday, August 24

Days 4 and 5

OOPS I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post...
Well, Sunday I went to a Rotaract meeting (Rotaract is a branch of Rotary for young adults before they are actually Rotarians). It was a big meeting with a blood draw too! I won't say anything about the set up of the blood draw.. Anyways we were supposed to be presented to the group as exchange students at 1:30ish (the event started at 9:30) By 2:30, in true Indian fashion, they were no where near us in the program so they let us skip head. The meeting may have been very interesting if I could have understood all that was happening but I did not. It was still very interesting for the most part.... It's funny because people would be speaking in Hindi and then suddenly through in a random English word, some very obscure.
At the meeting I did get to know the other exchange students better. I also met the other girl from the U.S., she's living in Bhopal and is from WA. That evening we went out to a Cafe for dinner. It's funny because even though I'm living in a city, for safety reasons we all have to be driven and dropped off places like at home, especially Hannah (the girl from Germany who's living in Indore) and I because we are girls.
Yesterday, in the late morning I was taken to my school, Progressive, and signed up for classes. By the time I had everything settled it was noon so I stayed for the rest of the day. There are 15 people in my class (11th standard, it's called) One girls was asked to let me shadow her for the day. I sat through "detention" (study hall), english, and then had a Hindi class with just me ans the other exchange student in the school, Nikolas from Germnay. Then Nikolas and I had basketball together with like 3 sports teachers.
I was feeling very sick all day yesterday from something I had eaten on Sunday but when I was running around plying basketball, I felt \so much better, it was probably the adrenaline. I was also exhausted by midday but during sports I felt fine. After however, on the bus ride home, I almost fell asleep. I did fall asleep as soon as I got home at 4:30 and slept for the rest of the day and night. The jetlag, food, and language made me more mentally and physically tired than I think I have ever been in my life!!!

A traditional dance was preformed at the beginning of the meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment