Wednesday, August 25

Day 7 (First full day of school)

This morning I woke bright and early (actually too early because of jetlag) and got ready for school. Last night my host parents and I went shopping for uniform clothes. It was hard to find plain white polos as the school dress code dictates and loose jeans the weren't too loose but not too tight, as the woman at school described to me. Anyway I managed to find stuff for pretty cheap (I don't know excatly how many dollars...)
So this morning I took the bus to school. In the morning the bus goes to the little kids (like pre-school aged) school first. There were to VERY cute little kids on the bus.
School was... school. Kind of hectic and I still have not been given a schedule so I have to rely on other people to know what I have when. English seems like it's going to be easy, but simply because I like it. I also had triple chem. I might be totally in over my head there, as they have the periodic table memorized and can list of numbers of valence electrons and such like crazy... I'm also pretty far behind in the text book. The kids in my class have been taking chemistry for the past 4 years or so....
The girls in the class are very nice and want to invite me to do something this weekend if everyone is free. The boys have still yet to speak to me, it's kind of weird how the girls barley speak to the boys and visa versa... it's just another cultural thing...
The food at the school is not so good. Even the student complain a lot about it, part of the issue is that you are served a certain amount and can't talk or leave the table until you do. Today for snack there has something, I don't know what it was, that everyone had to force down.
The younger kids at school are very cute, they all want to speak to Nikolas and I. One girl asked me "From where did you appear?" They want "autographs" from us and the girls all like to wave at me and say "Hello Kelsey didi!" The same goes for Nikolas and the boys. I hope they get over it though because I have a feeling it might get old quickly.
I have a ton of work to do to catch up for the month of school I've missed but instead of working as soon as I got home I played with my younger host sister, Nimisha, who has taken to calling me "Kelsey di" (di is short for did which means sister). She says it would be too confusing to call me didi, as she does Nikkita because now she has two didis...

No comments:

Post a Comment