Wednesday, April 20

Potential Mehendi Classes and Wedding Plans

     This morning I met with Hannah, Reba and a friend of Reba's at the friends house. Reba's friend is also a Rotarian and was once the owner or the first beauty salon in Indore. Now she has a room off of the side of her house where she cuts hair as more of a hobby than anything. Uma, the friend of Reba's had arranged for us to meet with a girl who can teach us mehendi, the art of applying henna paste. We had a short lesson today and are going to work out later timings once the session of cooking classes ends. Mehendi is a lot harder than it looks. We were just drawing on paper and even then it was difficult to make the designs and shapes look like the teacher's. After class we spent some time chatting before walking back to Hannah's house to eat lunch and the walk over to cooking class. Today we learned different kinds of dals (also spelled daal). After class we went back to Hannah's and spent the afternoon fooling around.
     This weekend I might be attending a wedding with my host father outside of the city. My mom couldn't get leave from her job and my sister has exams starting tomorrow. The family who's getting married is very close to mine so at least one member of ours needs to attend but to be polite my mom wants to send at least half of the family which would be my dad and I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment