Friday, April 22

Good Friday

     All the schools had holidays today. I didn't realize that today was Good Friday or that Sunday is Easter until halfway through today when I made the connection. It's seems funny that in a city and country of so few Christians there should be a school holiday for something like Good Friday. Here, any religious holiday warrants a break from school whereas in America there is such separation of church and state that no school holidays are supposed to be based around religious ones.
    Even though there was no school today my school friends had an extra class at the junior school right by my house. I went over there right at the end to say hi to some people I hadn't seen since school ended. We chatted for a little bit until they all got picked up. Some of my friends are heading over to the USA on the 30th for two weeks with a group from the school. They'll be in Texas and Florida. We talked about their trip America for a little bit. I'm curious to hear what they think of it and will have to meet with them when they get home to see.
     Other than that I don't have much to write about. I'll away for the whole weekend at the wedding with my host dad. We leave tomorrow (Saturday) morning and we'll get back either Sunday night or Monday morning. 

1 comment:

  1. Firstly thanks a lot for such a wonderful post. I would like to know more about such topics and hope to get some more helpful information from your blog. C U soon. Salons in delhi


    ReplyDelete