Monday, October 25

Rotary, Rotary, Rotary

This weekend was very busy. Saturday after school, we went to one last garba. It was a big celebration for all of the Rotary clubs in the city. An even t like this really gives you a perspective for the size of the Rotary community in the city. There were vendors, food, dress contests, female club members and the wives of club members from each club had prepared dances and competed. There was also open garba when everyone got a chance to dance. The night lasted very late but was very fun!
Sunday, was the official District Governor's visit to my the club that my host father it president of. We had her and a few other important people over for breakfast where Shruti, Lata, and I severed and ate separately. We didn't interact with the Rotarians much until the evening when we went to the District Governor meeting. Many Rotarians were there and again, the evening went very late, almost later than the dance. It was a very busy weekend but I had a fun especially because I got to dress up in Indian clothes all weekend. I wore a sari on Saturday and Sunday night I wore one of my salwar suits.
I have school all six days this week but it's the last week before Diwali break which I am really looking forward to. It's supposed to be a very big festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment