Tuesday, December 14

Another Family

Blogging has not been on my mind in the past few days.
 As soon as I returned from the tour I had to switch gears and unpack everything just to repack it again. This time though, I had to pack EVERYTHING since I switched families on Sunday. It seems like all my stuff has multiplied since the last time I moved.
My new host family is not far from the previous one. They live in a relatively unpolluted and diverse colony ( I was told many times that people of all religions and castes live together and get along). There are also a fair number of animals who come because there is a very small wooded area. This morning when I was walking to the bus there was a flock of wild peacocks in the road. That's another great thing about my new location, the junior section for my school is at the end of the road and all the buses start and finish their rounds here. I don't have to leave until 8 in the morning when one of the buses returns to drop off kids for the junior school.
My new family consists of my mother and father who are both doctors and my 20 year old host sister. We live on the third floor of the apartment building in a two-bedroom flat. My host aunt, uncle, and cousin who's 15 live below us. I think the family owns the whole building. Everyone is very nice, VERY nice. When I first arrived my cousin and I spent a couple hours walking around and I met some of the other girls (mostly younger) and people who live in the colony.
I'm sure I'll think of more to say later but for now I have homework and other things I need to do. I also promise to put pictures from the tour up as soon as possible but there is no wireless internet here so I have to transfer them from my laptop to my sister's.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you see more colours of India as you learn the nuances of various subcultures dwelling together in the subcontinent :)

    ReplyDelete